Don’t miss the following pre-course designed specifically for hospitalists.
Hospital Medicine: From Admission to Discharge
Course Director: Jamie Newman, MD, FACP
Assistant Professor, Department of Hospital Internal Medicine, Mayo Clinic Rochester, Rochester, MN
The approach of this pre-course will be to address issues in clinical inpatient care, with a hospitalist perspective on management and process improvement. The individual lectures will be framed by the hospitalization of one patient, who will be followed from admission to discharge. The faculty, which compromises experienced hospitalists from around the United States, will discuss ideal medical management and explore how to minimize the risk for many nonsocomial infections.
Hospital Medicine Track
- Acute Coronary Syndrome: Evaluation and Treatment Update
- Antibiotic Resistance: Impacting Care at the Bedside and in the Office
- Arrhythmias and Conduction Abnormalities: Identification and Treatment
- Atrial Fibrillation 2013: Evaluation and Management
- C. difficile Infection: From the Community to the Health Care Setting
- Cardiovascular Risk Reduction: The Expert's Approach to Difficult Cases
- Case-Based Inpatient Nephrology
- Chronic Coronary Artery Disease: How Can You Keep It from Becoming Acute?
- Chronic Kidney Disease: Can We Do Better?
- Clinical Triad: Cardiovascular Topics That You Never Learned About in Medical School
- Clinical Triad: Critical Care Medicine: What's New, What's Changed, and What's Controversial?
- Complex Issues in Anticoagulation for Hospitalists
- Consult Talk
- Disaster Management
- Does Quality Matter?
- Drugs of Abuse
- End-of-Life Care: A Primer
- From Pickwick to CPAP: Obstructive Sleep Apnea in Hospitalized Patients
- Greatest HITs of Hospital Medicine: Heparin Induced Thrombocytopenia
- Hand-offs and Fumbles
- Health Care-Associated Infections: Can We Eliminate Them?
- Heart Failure: Management Update
- Hospital Care for the Elderly
- Hospital HIV
- How Can We Make a Safer Hospital?
- Infection in Immunocompromised Hosts
- Inpatient Electrolytes
- Inpatient Management Issues in Pregnant Patients
- Introduction to the UHC University HealthSystem Consortium
- Lower Extremity Ulcers in Hospitalized Patients
- Making the Most of Those Rheumatology Tests
- Management of Persistent Pain in the Elderly
- New Paradigms and Therapies for Type 2 Diabetes
- Noncoronary Cardiac Emergencies
- Nonglycemic Endocrine Emergencies in Hospitalized Patients
- Nutrition in Hospitalized Patients
- Perioperative Complications
- Peripheral Vascular Disease, Arterial and Venous: What Must the Internist Know?
- Preventing Hospital Readmissions
- Screening for Coronary Artery Disease
- Transfusion: Use and Abuse
- Update in Hospital Medicine
- Update in Pulmonary and Critical Care Medicine
- Valvular Heart Disease: Identification and Management
- Ventilation: What Every Internist Should Know -- Non-invasive Positive-Pressure Ventilation and Ventilating the Intubated Patient
Visit www.playbackacp.com to purchase Webcasts and recordings of select sessions.